CASDA is excited to announce a new low-cost/no-cost opportunity for current and former clients to nurture their physical health and overall well-being! Through a collaboration with two motivated wellness instructors and a local gym, a Superior-based group is forming specifically for women who have experienced trauma in their life.
The first series of sessions will start September 17th and run twice a week for 12 weeks. Participants are not required to attend a certain number of times. Are you working with CASDA now, or have you received our help in the past? Then, we encourage you to come try this program out! Come when you can!
Group facilitators will be:
- Jessica Karpinske, owner of Rooted in Wellness (http://rootedinwellnessduluth.com/), as well as a personal trainer, certified yoga instructor, nutrition coach, and former social worker, and
- Kelly Kellar, CEO and founder of the Strength Factory (https://www.strengthfactorywi.com/), and also a certified fitness instructor.
These two phenomenal women have set out to create a group that will not only promote physical fitness, but will also foster community, empowerment, knowledge and self-efficacy. Sessions will be divided into a fitness component and a discussion component. Participants will each receive a workbook/journal containing weekly topics and goals, as well as questions pertaining to each topic. The group will work on these goals throughout the program to ensure that they can be achieved. At the end of the program, participants will fill out a questionnaire asking how the program has impacted their lives.
Jessica and Kelly’s larger and longer-range goals for this program are:
- to improve mental health through fitness and provide a sense of community and safe atmosphere outside of the emergency shelter environment.
- to improve health outcomes for women, regardless of trauma they have experienced, that they can then use to positively impact their family.
- to help decrease mortality rates for women who have survived trauma.
If you are interested in participating or learning more, please call or text Jessica at 218-260-1023. Please follow the link to the attached flyer for additional details. Beautiful strength project flyer (4)