- In 2016, CASDA’s Children’s Program provided direct service to 106 individuals with over 299 hours of service. Individuals included children and non-offending parents or guardians.
- In 2016, CASDA’s Children’s Program presented education about protective behaviors, healthy relationships, and teen dating violence on 10 occasions at 7 area elementary, middle, and high schools.
- In 2016, CASDA’s Children’s Program provided direct services through the Bayfield County Outreach Program to 41 individuals and answered 102 calls via the helpline.
- In 2016, over 210 hours of direct services were provided through the Bayfield County Outreach Program.
- In Douglas County, 462 Child Protection Service reports were made in 2014.
- In 2015, the state of Wisconsin received 42,455 reports of child abuse (Source: WI Child Abuse and Neglect Report).
- In 2015, the state of Wisconsin confirmed 5,278 cases of substantiated child abuse (Source: WI Child Abuse and Neglect Report).
- CASDA provided Domestic Abuse Program services to 146 individuals in 2016.
- CASDA provided over 706 hours of direct services to victims of domestic violence in 2016.
- In 2016, CASDA received 219 Immediate Response Program calls from law enforcement.
- In 2016, CASDA contacted 189 victims via telephone and/or mail through the Immediate Response Program.
- CASDA provided Domestic Abuse Reduction Team services to 3 families in 2016.
- In 2016, 219 domestic violence calls were taken by the Superior Police Department and the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department.
- In 2016, CASDA received 175 police reports from the Superior Police Department and the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department.
- In 2016, 80 children were present during domestic violence incidents reported to CASDA.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crimes (Source: National Coalition Against Domestic Violence).
- An estimated 9.6% of Wisconsin youth have experienced teen dating violence (Source: Wisconsin Coalition Against Sexual Assault).
- CASDA provided direct service to 124 victims and survivors of sexual assault in 2016.
- In 2016, CASDA provided over 576 direct service hours in the Sexual Assault Program.
- In 2016, 62 women attended a support/education group through CASDA.
- In 2010, there were 438 hospital visits for sexual assaults in the state of Wisconsin.
- In Wisconsin, it is estimated that 90% of victims know the person who assaults them (Source: WCASA).
- Nationally, an estimated 1 in 6 women will be raped in their lifetime (Source: WCASA).
- It is estimated that 2 out of 3 sexual assaults go unreported (Source: RAINN)
- In 2010, Douglas County reported 67 rapes.