Child Abuse (incl. Child Victims/Witnesses of DV)
- In 2019, CASDA’s Children’s Program provided direct service to 129 individuals with 542 hours of direct service. Children’s Program clients included 56 children and 73 non-offending parents or guardians.
- In 2019, CASDA’s Children’s Program presented education about protective behaviors, healthy relationships, and teen dating violence to 1831 students at 14 area elementary, middle, and high schools.
- In 2018, Douglas County Child Protective Services received 1077 reports of suspected child abuse and neglect.
- In 2018, the state of Wisconsin received 81,663 reports of suspected child maltreatment (Source: WI Child Abuse and Neglect Report).
- In 2018, the state of Wisconsin confirmed 5,500 cases of substantiated child abuse and/or neglect, affecting 4,971 unique child victims (Source: WI Child Abuse and Neglect Report).
- CASDA provided Domestic Abuse Program services to 125 individuals in 2019.
- CASDA provided 294 hours of direct services to victims and survivors of domestic violence in 2019.
- In 2019, CASDA received 197 Immediate Response Program calls from law enforcement.
- In 2019, CASDA contacted 156 victims via telephone and/or mail through the Immediate Response Program.
- In 2019, 724 domestic violence-related calls were taken by the Superior Police Department and the Douglas County Sheriff’s Department.
- In 2019, 73 children were present during domestic violence incidents reported to CASDA.
- Intimate partner violence accounts for 15% of all violent crimes (Source: National Coalition Against Domestic Violence).
- One in three adolescents in the U.S. is a victim of physical, sexual, emotional or verbal abuse from a dating partner, a figure that far exceeds rates of other types of youth violence. (LoveisRespect.org)
- CASDA provided direct service to 51 victims and survivors of sexual assault in 2019.
- In 2019, CASDA provided 235 direct service hours in the Sexual Assault Program.
- In 2019, 58 adult survivors of sexual assault and/or domestic violence attended a CASDA support/education group.
- In 2010, there were 438 hospital visits for sexual assaults in the state of Wisconsin.
- In Wisconsin, it is estimated that 87% of victims know the person who assaults them (Source: WCASA).
- Nationally, an estimated 1 in 3 women and 1 in 6 men have experienced contact sexual violence in their lifetime (Source: WCASA).
- Nationally, nearly 50% of transgender individuals have experienced sexual assault (Source: WCASA).
- In Wisconsin, an estimated 1 in 6 women have been a victim of rape in their lifetime (Source: WCASA).
- It is estimated that 3 out of 4 sexual assaults go unreported (Source: RAINN.org)
- In 2019, the Superior Police Department received 27 reports of sexual assault.